Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Flower Painting, Iris Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 6x8" on Canvas Panel

I spent most of the spring in the mountains of North Carolina, surrounded by flowers everywhere.  They must have the perfect environment for flowers, and I loved every minute of it.  This is one of the beautiful iris' I photographed during my stay.

purchase here
I had a difficult time getting this painting to the finishing point, but turns out, my real struggle was in trying to get a decent photograph of it.  I find that blues and greens tend me merge when photographed, especially blues.  I took many photos of this painting, under different conditions, but I believe many of the subtle color changes were lost.  Note to self:  Don't do blue and green paintings, and don't do very dark paintings.....also impossible (for me) to photograph well.

In any event, thanks for viewing my art today.





Carol Schiff

No comments:

Post a Comment