Monday, January 4, 2016

Small Floral Still Life, "Tulips and Sunflower" 8x6"

It may not feel like it where you live, but winter is on it's last legs and soon spring flowers will be bursting out of the ground.  Tulips are one of those flowers that mean spring to me.

$90 + 6.50




Living in Florida, most of the tulips I see these days are in the florist shop.  Some years, I get lucky, and visit North Carolina when they are blooming.


These came from the grocery store.  Lately, I have been coming home with more flowers than food which tends to upset my husband.   I tell him flowers are edible, but he is not impressed with my knowledge.


Tulips are so elegant.  They remind me of ballet dancers with their graceful poses.  Like most things so beautiful, they don't last as long as I would like.


No comments:

Post a Comment